Basket case

 Baby Moses before he was named 

Hidden away for three months 
Bitumen basket could've been casket 
Royalty rescued him once 

I try and try to put on a brave face 
But I've been a basket case 

Sister's quick thinking heard His Spirit 
Knew his mother was near 
God has His plan to save every man 
For us it can happen right here 

I try and try to put on a brave face 
But I've been a basket case 

I try and try to put on a brave face 
But I've been a basket case 

My soul's been down, turmoil within 
In my God there's hope 
Again I praise, my eyes they raise 
My salvation in scope.

Exodus 2:1-10 (ESV)
The Birth of Moses
1 Now a man from the house of Levi went and took as his wife a Levite woman. 2 The woman conceived and bore a son, and when she saw that he was a fine child, she hid him three months. 3 When she could hide him no longer, she took for him a basket made of bulrushes and daubed it with bitumen and pitch. She put the child in it and placed it among the reeds by the river bank. 4 And his sister stood at a distance to know what would be done to him. 5 Now the daughter of Pharaoh came down to bathe at the river, while her young women walked beside the river. She saw the basket among the reeds and sent her servant woman, and she took it. 6 When she opened it, she saw the child, and behold, the baby was crying. She took pity on him and said, “This is one of the Hebrews’ children.” 7 Then his sister said to Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and call you a nurse from the Hebrew women to nurse the child for you?” 8 And Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Go.” So the girl went and called the child’s mother. 9 And Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this child away and nurse him for me, and I will give you your wages.” So the woman took the child and nursed him. 10 When the child grew older, she brought him to Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son. She named him Moses, “Because,” she said, “I drew him out of the water.”

Psalms 42:11 (ESV)
11 Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.

Comments

Popular Posts